Welcome to How Much Compensation! Our website is devoted to providing free legal advice you can rely on.
Here, you can find lots of useful guides on all types of claims which show you how much compensation you could receive if you’re looking to pursue a similar case.
We can offer you free legal advice, support and guidance on a range of different areas of law, including:
- Personal injury
- Car accidents
- Cycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Accidents at work
- Slips, trips and falls
- Allergic reactions
- Data breaches
- Employment law
- Constructive dismissal
- Unfair dismissal
- Sexual harassment
- Medical negligence
- Medical misdiagnosis
- Never Events
- Birth and pregnancy injuries
- Prescription or medication errors
- Surgical negligence
If you have any questions while browsing our legal guides or if you’d like to proceed to make a claim, our team of knowledgeable advisers are standing by. Operating 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, they can discuss your options and offer free advice on what to do next, without any obligation on your part to proceed with a claim.
You can get in touch with them in a number of ways:
- By calling 0800 408 7826
- You can speak with us right now using our live chat, bottom right
- Or you can write to us about your claim by clicking here. We’ll call you back at the ideal time for you
If you’d like to proceed with a claim, our advisers can connect you with our panel of expert lawyers, who possess decades of combined experience and knowledge of the legal system. Let’s tell you a bit more about what they can offer you.
No Win No Fee Claims
It’s our belief that everybody who’s been wronged through no fault of their own has an opportunity to restore the balance in their lives and to be compensated for the harm inflicted.
We’ve supported thousands of people over the years with claims and are proud of the service delivered and the manner in which we’ve helped them.
Given our experience, we understand how stressful and worrying a legal issue can be. A serious injury sustained in a car accident, for example, could leave you unable to work for weeks. While your income may stop, the outgoings often don’t, and that can create financial stress and worry.
It’s issues like this we understand all too well. And we’ve designed our service to ensure that it both works for you and supports you.
One way in which we achieve this is through No Win No Fee agreements. Also known as Conditional Fee Agreements (CFAs), this form of contract between you and your solicitor allows you to pursue a claim without having to pay any fees unless the case is successful. Here’s how it works:
- The contract is based around the key condition of success. If your claim is unsuccessful, you will not have to pay any of your lawyer’s costs that they have incurred in representing you.
- You won’t have to pay any costs upfront, nor while the case is ongoing.
- If the claim is a success, your lawyer will take a small fee from your compensation award—a success fee—to help cover their costs, which can reach thousands of pounds. Success fees are capped by law and will be outlined in clear terms within your No Win No Fee agreement.
If you have any questions about CFAs, our advisers are on hand. Give them a call today.
How Much Compensation Could I Receive?
If you have strong grounds to make a claim for a personal injury, medical negligence, a workplace injury or a data breach, then you may seek examples of compensation estimates that reflect your case. Some may seek a specific compensation calculator, such as a harassment compensation calculator if they are making a claim for workplace harassment.
There are many factors that influence the potential compensation payouts for these different types of claims. The types of injuries you’re claiming for and how severe they are is particularly influential.
In the table below, we’ve included compensation brackets for different injuries you may potentially claim for following an incident such as an accident in a public area, an accident at work or a case of medical negligence. The brackets are based on the 2022 edition of the Judicial College Guidelines (JCG). While they can’t guarantee how much compensation you’ll receive in a successful claim, the figures are based on past claims and can give some indication.
|Type Of Injury||Severity||Compensation Bracket|
|Brain and Head Injury||Very Severe||£282,010 to £403,990|
|Brain and Head Injury||Moderately Severe||£219,070 to £282,010|
|Psychiatric Damage Generally||Severe||£54,830 to £115,730|
|Psychiatric Damage Generally||Moderately Severe||£19,070 to £54,830|
|Severe Leg Injuries||Very Serious||£54,830 to £87,890|
|Severe Leg Injuries||Serious||£39,200 to £54,830|
|Shoulder Injuries||Severe||£19,200 to £48,030|
|Shoulder Injuries||Moderate||£7,890 to £12,770|
|Foot Injuries||Moderate||£13,740 to £24,990|
|Foot Injuries||Modest||Up to £13,740|
The Idea Behind How Much Compensation
When you suffer an injury and are thinking of making a claim, it’s only natural to wonder how much compensation you could be entitled to.
However, giving you a precise figure without knowing the details of your case is difficult. Some firms use tools like a personal injury claims calculator. But they can provide misleading results that build hope. In fact, we’ve known clients in the past who have believed what they’ve been told and taken out loans on the back of it.
We want to deliver the best service possible, and for us, that means getting to know you and your case. It also means shedding as much light as possible on the legal process and how compensation is valued.
So on our site, you can find lots of guides and case studies centred around all different types of injuries. We talk you through the claims process for each one, illustrating it with an example case study. And above all, we offer reliable advice on how much compensation you could receive.
Without a doubt, the best way to have your claim valued is to speak with us directly. When we learn the ins and outs of your case, the impact it’s had on you and your life, and any financial repercussions you’ve suffered, we can provide more concrete advice.
And if you’d like to make a claim, we can connect you to our panel of specialist lawyers. They can get to work on your case right away and begin the process of obtaining not just compensation, but justice too.
Read Our Legal Guides To See How Much Compensation You Could Claim
Below, you can browse our guides to see how much compensation you could be eligible to claim:
- Personal injury claims
- How much compensation can you claim for a back injury?
- How to claim compensation for a broken arm
- How much compensation can you claim for a broken foot?
- Claim compensation for a crushed ankle injury
- How to claim compensation for a facial scar
- Claim compensation for a foot injury
- Broken foot compensation claims
- How much compensation can you get for a fractured leg?
- How much compensation can you claim for a wrist injury?
- Claim compensation for a broken ankle
- How to claim compensation for a broken leg
- Claim compensation for a fractured jaw
- Broken leg compensation claims
- Broken forearm compensation claims
- Make a claim for a torn Achilles tendon
- Broken thumb compensation claims
- Broken wrist compensation claims
Remember, if you have any questions at all about how much compensation you could be entitled to for a personal injury claim, please contact us in writing or via the number at the top of this page.